I have quite a number of open-source projects running at any one time, most for purely selfish reasons, and other projects intended for use by entities I have worked for.
Ongoing Open Source Projects
- Prebuild: (C#) An open-source “meta-build-system”. Permits C#/VB projects to define project structure for a multitude of development environments. Crucial to OpenBYOND, forked from older, outdated OpenSim version.
- python-build-tools: (Python 3.6) Complex series of utilities for buildsystems. Includes the powerful Maestro buildsystem, which can execute iterative, intelligent builds with a wide variety of tools.
- ChanMan: (PHP 7.x, Python 3.6) Automated bot that crawls and indexes 4chan, 8chan and Kusaba-based boards, and archives selected threads. Threads can be selected manually or by search rule. Currently being cleaned up for archive.org and open-source release. Runs on PHP 7.3, Python, and has 3 daemons (threaded crawler, thumbnailer/shephard, web interface). Database is built on MariaDB, with tens of millions of rows in several tables. Probably my oldest surviving project.
- UnityPatcher: (C#) Semi-automated modding toolchain for decompiling and interfacing with obfuscated C# binaries. Uses heavily-modified ILSpy and de4dot. Works a treat.
- HWLink: (C++) A hardware banning system for BYOND games.
Past/Inactive Open Source Projects
- Luna Viewer: (C++) The first Second Life client with a built-in client-side Lua interpreter, also my first major C++ project. Later, watered-down version of the notorious ShoopedLife viewer for griefing. Had a nice adblock-like plugin to block certain network assets on-the-fly. No longer maintained.
- MineEdit: C#-based minecraft map and inventory editor. Capable of generating procedural terrain. No longer maintained.
- Minecart Mania: (Java) Bukkit plugin I took over after the previous maintainer left. Refactored much of it and added some new features. No longer maintained.
- Spade: (Java) A custom terrain generation solution for Bukkit. Used on the 7chan Minecraft Server until it shut down several years ago. No longer maintained.
- BYONDTools: (Python 2.7) Precursor and prototype of some of OpenBYOND’s more complicated technologies, including the object tree generator, rendering, and DMI handling. Many servers use the dmmrender tool to render to-scale maps of their stations. Available on pip as the BYONDTools package. No longer maintained.
- Space Station 13: (BYOND) I used to work on this addictive 2D “workplace violence simulator”, mostly focusing on sweeping changes. Rewrote several major systems, planned the massive antagonist roles system but never finished implementing.